Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Tik Tok Made Me Do It || Ranch Pickles


I have a friend that really likes pickles so anytime I find any pickle content: recipes, memes, snack products, I send them her way. I'm like that aunt in your life you only see like once every few years and had a conversation with you when you were like six and you were hella into [insert random interest] for like a year, maybe, tops. But to this aunt, this is now your WHOLE personality, and for every birthday, Christmas, wedding gift, housewarming, etc, you get an item based on that niche interest. 

Friend 1: cotton candy
Friend 2: birthday cake
Friend 3: pickles

You better believe each one gets content per flavor, lols.

So because I send so much pickle content to this friend, I am now on pickle-tok. I don't mind because I like pickles.

In one video I came across, this lady dumped in some ranch seasoning into a half-consumed jar of pickles, shook it up, and then ate later. I was like... I have a few half-consumed containers of pickles in my fridge and I also have a couple of half-used ranch seasoning packets, lets gooooo. I didn't spend any money on this Tik Tok influence!

I grab one pickle container and dump in the seasoning, and then... look at the lid. MOLD. WHAT. UGH, I JUST WASTED ALL THAT RANCH SEASONING.

So I grab another jar and check for mold first! Pickles even mold though? Whatever. No mold so I dump the seasoning in. I do I quick taste test of the ranch-pickle liquid and I was already like YUM. I give the jar a good shake and put it back in the fridge and wait for two days.

AND GUYS. SO YUMMY. The ones I used were tiny whole pickles, but next time I'll try spears.

Can I just say that I am new to the whole flavoring dill pickles? I'm still very interested in trying to make Kool-Aid pickles...