Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Sunday Confessions || 5-7-2023



I CONFESS

If you've been watching my Instagram stories you know that I went to the dermatologist for a spot on my nose. I got a biopsy the same day (which he was a bit too gleeful about, I have to say) and the first time I smelled what burning human flesh smells like. Not a fan.

So I got the results back and while it's not life-threatening, it is something that needs to be surgically removed. I don't have a surgery date yet but should be in the next month or two. It's called "basal cell carcinoma" which apparently is very common, and very common to be on the nose.

It's not something I'm that worried about, it's more of a vanity thing. Like whyyy on my nose :/ I wish I took better care of my skin as a kid/teenager/young adult! I didn't really start with the sunscreen until my mid 20's. So stupid. You know from my random before hiking photos how much I lather on my face!


I CONFESS

I'm the type of person to drag my feet until it's dire to go to the doctor and this was no different, ha. It's been a spot that has been healing and unhealing for months and months and it wasn't until I woke up with it just dripping blood down my face that I was like, hm. Ok, that is a bit concerning. So I made an appointment with a regular doctor because I needed a referral, which she gave me. Then I took a month to make the dermatology appointment, LOLS.


I CONFESS

So I'm not a winter girlie. Like at all. I'm tired of being cold. Wearing socks all the time. Layering and layering. I do like wearing all my coats, so there's that I guess. It rained again last week. Just stahp it. I want to complain about being too hot.