Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, March 12, 2023

SUNDAY CONFESSIONS || 3-12-2023



I CONFESS

A coworker from my last job passed away suddenly a week ago. She was hiking with her son and his boy scout troupe and a tree fell on her and pinned her down. She died on the scene.

She was such a kind and sweet person. I shared an office with her for four years. She would share her snacks with me. My last conversation with her was just before lockdown and she was telling me a funny story of grabbing a case of water at Costco just because she saw everyone else do it... and then reflected later that she was swayed for no reason by the crowd and never thought she was that kind of person. But her story made me want to go to Costco that day for some supplies even though at the time I didn't think covid was really that bad. That week my work goes into lockdown and work from home. 

She was only 44. 


I CONFESS

Neil's father is also facing end-of-life care. We aren't too sure about the timeline. A month? A year? Neil is an only child so it's been put on his shoulders to navigate all the finances and paperwork and various other details. Getting his trust in order. Cleaning out and remodeling the condo to sell. Evicting the weird meth-head "roommate" that has been living there for free for ten years. 


I CONFESS

I'm trying to think of something light to add here, ha. I went to Disneyland last week with a group of friends. It was lovely but exhausting, as per usual. I need more naps! Plus it was cold. Well, for me. And I got DRENCHED on Splash Mountain. The most I had EVER been, my flannel and leggings were just soaked. It took all afternoon to dry out. I took the flannel off though, luckily I had a tank top under it but dang.