Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Friday, May 15, 2020

Loquat aka Japanese Plum

[Edit: This was written in 2014]

Where have these fruits been all my life??? I have just had one for the first time this year. There is a tree around the block from my house that I passed by with my friend on one of our walks. She pulled some off the tree and said they were edible. I am not very adventurous, especially with random food growing on an unknown plant, but I trusted her. 

Holy hell Batman, so delicious! 

As you get older, there are less and less surprising tastes for your mouth, so I think the newness is part of the appeal. It's like a cross between a peach/cherry/plum for me. WANT MORE. I have now been looking online to order a tree to put in my own backyard. I want to try more fruits!

EDIT: Since now being aware of this tree, I see that almost everyone has one in their yard. So perceptive, Heather, you notice nothing. So to answer the question where has this been all my life, EVERYWHERE, Heather, FUCKING EVERYWHERE.