Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, September 23, 2019

Dream || Fall Dinner Menu

I was having a dream where I was throwing a really fancy dinner party (I have never thrown one) and I woke up jusssst right to remember the menu:

Drink:

-Prosecco and (lemon something) with sliced bruleed orange slices. I made a mixture of sugar and salt and coated the oranges before putting them in the oven to broil. I was calling it a wine shandy in my dream then had to google it when I woke up cause I was like, wait is that even a thing. A shandy in real life is beer mixed with lemonade. So I got it partly right, had no idea I even knew what a shandy was. Though I should have bruleed sliced lemon instead of oranges, right?

Appetizers:

-Spiced nuts
-Sliced sourdough with butter whipped with olive oil, fancy salts for sprinkling
-Olive tapenade

Dinner:

-Hand made veggie ravioli
-Tossed garden salad
-Mini garlic toasts.

I woke up before I got to dessert (I KNOW) so I'm just going to fill in the blank with poached pears with a scoop of store-bought coconut ice cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

The only thing on this menu that I have made in real life is the salad and mini garlic toasts.



Anyone want to go to my fake dinner party :)