Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, August 26, 2019

What I Wore || Las Vegas Travel Outfit

I keep trying to figure out the "perfect" airplane/traveling outfit. I want it to be comfortable, CUTE, easy to walk/sit in. But I guess it would depend on what my destination would be? In this case, the destination was Las Vegas in the summer. And of course, as always, I still got pulled aside for extra screening. ALWAYS. Doesn't feel random guys. Neil has NEVER gotten extra screening. Just me.

So far I've gotten:
--extra pat down
--hands screened for explosive material
--bag checked
--phone checked

Also, for some reason, this day we left San Jose, the airport was a MADHOUSE. I heard other people mention that it felt like Thanksgiving with how crazy it was! The line for security went down the stairs and looped around the first floor! I have NEVER seen it this busy! And everyone in front of us had bags the size of a small car that were over the weight limit. Like, what the fuck guys. Are you trying to move your whole house? There was one family of like 16 million that had like three bags each, some wrapped in black trash bags (???) that took for fucking ever. Whyyyyy. Neil went to complain that our line wasn't moving, and the person was like, no u wrong. But then they sent someone else to help out our line.

And then it took us two seconds to get our bag checked. Like, almost literally. It's not that hard guys.

My brother went through the normal security line (my husband and I did the extra background check deal thing so we can go through the express line, TSA precheck, and it's sooooo worth it) and my brother said they were telling people not to take off their shoes, and just had drug dogs weaving through the lines instead to try to get people through as fast as possible.

So, because I seem to always be pulled aside for extra stuff, I'm trying to dress in a way that shows I AM NOT HIDING ANYTHING and also not be too loud? But maybe that is my problem and I should do the opposite??? NO IDEA. I think I just check off one of their boxes to show they have no hidden agenda, like, yup, got one white woman, check. This time I had my phone wiped and checked for chemical residue? No idea, this was new to me.
I originally bought this dress in an XS and it was super small (another too small dress!), so I then bought a size S. Both times were on extra sale, and I was able to sell the XS super fast on Poshmark, so not really a loss. I really like the dress, I would like to get it in a few more colors if possible. If you order from American Apparel, I would suggest going up one or two sizes than normal.
Cardigan || American Eagle