Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, August 6, 2018

Sometimes I feel like a terrible cat-mom when...

[1]

I ignore them... when they decide they need my attention RIGHT MEOW when I'm trying to get dinner ready and I need to pay attention to things and chop (I don't want to chop little toes!), and my hands are all gooky and it's not an ideal time to sit on the floor and pet them. THEY MISSED ME AND WANT SOME LOVE.

[2]

I lose my patience and then I "yell" at them, I don't really yell, I think I'm too WASPy for that (lols) but I do raise my voice in a tone that indicates displeasure. They don't seem to care very much and just yell back at me in a crankier meow. But my husband will be like, hey, don't talk to our kitties like that, they don't know any better and they just want to love you.

[3]

I don't give them enough time for them to come inside on their own time. Though to be fair sometimes "their own time" means meandering the whole yard, munching on grass, laying down again, standing up, looking at me giving me direct eye contact, flopping down, rolling around, getting up, acting like they are heading towards me then swerve right at about five feet to the door, rubbing their face on all the patio furniture, eat some more grass, heading to me now, nope just kidding back to the furniture, possible back to the grass, okay yes now to the door, wait this planter needs some love, okay to the door now, and now they just sit right in front of the door rubbing their face on the door frame...WHO IN GODS NAME HAS TIME FOR THAT EVERYDAY NOT ME.

I feel like they are like: "Well she's already annoyed why not just take my time and go the long way"... They deserve body autonomy but come on!

[4]

I get frustrated when they snag my clothes, specifically my jeans. They've ruined countless pairs. But they just want to cuddle. My husband is like, you know this, just change as soon as you get home. But sometimes we are going to have people over or I've just changed because we are going out, WHAT ABOUT THEN NEIL. WHAT. ABOUT. THEN.

[5]

Sometimes I'm running short on time (or I just plum forget) and I don't clean their main litter box before I go to work. So far they have been very good and haven't gone outside their potty to let me know I'm a terrible housekeeper, but I feel bad that they have a minefield of poops to navigate all day. They have access to three boxes during the day, one is in the garage that is just a sometimes potty, Toki loves that one, I actually put that for her so she can have some privacy from brat cat Izze. But they all prefer the one that is actually just a very large storage bin and that is the one I that I try my best to clean every morning. My house is full of containers of cat potty, glorious life right here ;)


Of course, I wrote this before new-kittens, and my older horde is even crankier than me most days now. The new-kittens have added a lot of new stress to the house but they've also brought buckets of cuteness so it balances out. Right? RIGHT?


Please tell me that you are also not the best pet-mom every day and make me feel better.