Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Photo Challenge || July "Staying Cool"

I take approximately 5.6 million photos of the kittens every day so I was trying to find other things to photograph that was not them, but I'm going to honest, it was very difficult!
Every day after work I come home, turn on the sprinkler and feed turtle his dinner. He has gotten used to this routine and is almost always sitting in this general area, facing the patio door, waiting for my arrival. And apples. I should have named him Ryuk, the death god in Death Note. Which by the way, if you have not watched (NOT THE REAL PEOPLE NETFLIX ONE. THAT ONE IS TERRIBLE) the anime, you should. Just the first half though, I mean, yeah, watch the whole thing, but the second half is just meh.
One day Neil got an alert on his phone about a fire near our home. The alert led him to believe it was in a field much closer, but it was actually on the hills behind us. Which is STILL TOO CLOSE OH MY GOD. Not sure if the photo is very clear, but that black stripe was where the fire was. It stretches all the way to the left and down. 

I did not Instagram about it (who even am I) because the alert happened at 3pm and at 5pm when we were home it was already taken care of on this side BUT STILL. So the "keeping cool" is maintaining my anxiety about my house catching fire this summer. The helicopter was still there until about sixish spreading that red stuff, totes technical term.
I took this photo when I was trying to enjoy some cool and quiet time away from kitten monsters. Izze came out with me to enjoy the breeze and quiet. You can also see Soya in the background, facing away from the house, trying very hard to pretend that the kittens do not exist. She has spent 99% of her time in the yard over there since kittygeddon. But there is also a large gap under the fence, which I've tried to block, but various animals have continued to make larger, and she likes to spy on the neighbors. Creep-cat taking after her creep mamma, ha.
Okay guys, I totally made it three photos in before KITTENS. Not the best photo with all the table junk, but they love to lounge here in the mid-afternoon heat.
Kittens have been waking me up consistently at 5:30am for the past month, so on the weekends, I indulge in an iced coffee to make up for the ridiculous wake-up time.
Bonus photo of Toki because I felt bad not including her since all the other pets were! She just hasn't been photogenic lately since she has been super pissy about the new guys. But she is finally coming around and is back to (kinda) hanging out with me again! Look at her stretching her little toes :)