Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Confessions || 7-08-2018

I CONFESS

Readership on this blog is WAY down, and not going to lie, it feels sucky. Read a tweet by some super young twenty-something blogger about how she was bummed that after a few months of blogging "only had 1000 followers" and I'm sitting over here with almost seven years of blogging and 78 followers, most of which are bots or other bloggers attempt to get me to follow them. #Feelsbadman. So that's like 11 new followers a year, at that rate I will have 1000 followers in 84 years. I can do this ;)

Was also trying to resist mentioning it because what's lamer than getting your feelings hurt about people not reading your blog? BLOGGING ABOUT PEOPLE NOT READING YOUR BLOG.

Oh well, I'm going to keep blogging because I actually enjoy it despite being TERRIBLE at it, ha. I have a lot of thoughts and ideas to share into the void. Just need to actually finish some freaking blog posts already. 


I CONFESS

Last weekend my husband and I brought two new kitties into our life (which if you follow me on Instagram and watch my stories, you know this a million times over already):

Kazu: Kazuchika Okada (Siamese)
MiSu: Minoru Sukuzi (Tortoise Shell)
YES, I KNOW FIVE CATS MAKE ME OFFICIALLY CRAZY CAT LADY.

Neil named them, and I have their nicknames down but their full names... I need some practice. But we are just going to call them by their nicknames, and all the silly names we come up with, so I'm not trying that hard. 

I've been calling them my little monsters because they are just into EVERYTHING. They are staying in the room with Neils clothing, and even though I keep closing the closet doors, they have figured out how to force a gap and jumping up onto his t-shirts, essentially pulling them down. Neil is not pleased.

My older cats HATE THEM SO MUCH. We are trying to introduce them slowly but it looks like its going to take awhile. Poor little kitties want to explore and play :( I bought a kitty cage to put them in so they can be in the living room and the older cats can feel less threatened but the poor things cried and cried and my heart couldn't take it, so back upstairs they went. So much for that idea, waste of money.

*edit* A miracle happened Friday night and ISABELLA wasn't super terrible to them!!!!!!! I was crying the night before (due in part to lack of sleep) because I felt so bad for causing tension with my older kitties, then Friday I wanted to cry from relief. I AM GETTING SO EMOTIONAL IN MY OLD AGE.