Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Sunday Confessions || 5-23-2021

 


I CONFESS

So I was watching the film "Vamps" on Youtube (don't judge, for some reason the free movies most of which seemed to be from the early to mid-2000s started being part of my suggestions and I have nothing but time now) and Sougeny Weaver was in it and there was a line that she delivered that made me think of Psych and the episodes with Yin and Yang... like the voice and mouth movement and everything was like.. is that the same actress? I have a bit of facial dysmorphia so I have a hard time with actor's faces so I depend more on body movement and voice and such. BUT NO. Not the same person at all, ha. But don't they look very similar!! Or no?



Ally Sheedy VS Sigourney Weaver


I CONFESS

I have mentioned the face thing before right? That if my husband and I split up at the grocery store and then later he tries to rejoin me I have no idea that he is my husband right? That one time I kept trying to move my shopping cart over to the right as much as I could to appease this stranger approaching me and i was getting so annoyed that he was getting so close to me and I couldn't possibly make any more room for him in the aisle... and it was my husband. A six-foot-two-tall Japanese man. 

Or the time my sister and I pulled into a parking spot and she exclaimed "hey, there's mom!" and I looked up and scanned the sidewalk and was like "where?" and my sister gave me a weird look and I looked again and there was only ONE PERSON ON THE SIDEWALK and yes it was our mom. But I had to really look at this person before I was like, oh yeah, that is mom. Right?

I have also waved or smiled too much at people that I thought were my friends or family. Awkward. If you are going to wear shorts and a graphic tee and sneakers and be tall, well that is on you, ok. Like for real one time, I was like, no, I'm going to be the best wife and recognize my husband and I was totally looking at a guy that had to be my husband, and no, it was a white guy with a beard. I was really looking at him until my brain was like, wait, no, this is not the husband, the husband is not a white guy with a beard. And I was like, yup you are right and made a mad dash down a different aisle to now avoid this stranger that I stared at way too long. 

So like, I know people in the right context, but as soon as they are not in the right context (and apparently that means five or fewer minutes that you have left the grocery cart) I have the hardest time. I even have a hard time sometimes with older photos of ME if I don't remember when the photo was taken, I think it might be one of my other sisters. Or I feel like my nephews and my younger brother look way too similar sometimes. But when I see all three of them in a photo I can tell which one is which. Faces are odd/hard ya'll. 

Most of the time I forget that I have a hard time with faces though, so it still will catch me off guard. But if I'm focusing very hard (timing, context, outfit, body movements, voice, etc) I can pull it off that yes I see you for who you really are. I worry at the day that I am called in as an eyewitness to a crime.