Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sunday Confessions || 5-30-2021



I CONFESS

My husband has a collection of shoulder bags/fanny bags that he wears the more cool way, bandolier style, and he let me borrow one when I went hiking because I needed something small and easy to carry to hold my phone and chapstick. It was just such the perfect size! So... I think I'm going to buy one for myself, ha. With the sneakers and now this I'm going to be dressing like his street style, lols. *EDIT* I told him how much I liked it so he said I could have it. I even brought it with me to my trip to Oregon. AND THEN he bought me another different one that I like even more. So guess I don't need to buy one. Also, every time I describe his style as "street style" he gives me a face like no, he doesn't have any style at all, he just wears what he likes. It may not be EXACTLY like street style, but that is the closest that it looks like to me.


I CONFESS

So I've been trying not to buy sour cream because I like it too much... like Neil will joke "do you want some food with that sour cream?" Anyways, I've been really good for over a year now to just not buy it. But then Neil was like, hey I want sour cream when we have tacos... so I was like erm I'm trying not to buy it because I'm obsessed with it and he was like well just buy it for me. So I bought a container for my online order and the person doing the shopping bought TWO instead of one because they accidentally picked a sour cream instead of a cream cheese. So now there are two containers in my fridge. Neil only uses a SMALL DOLLOP like a crazy person so the opened one is just sitting there. Mocking me.

So finally I was like. I want sour cream. It's open, it's just going to go bad before Neil will ever finish it. What do I have in the house that I can eat with sour cream? You know, instead of deciding on the dip last... Anyways, thank goodness there were some kettle chips I found in the pantry and I was able to satisfy my sour cream craving. Mostly. I don't really like kettle chips because they are so HARD but I wanted to eat sour cream and I'm not just going to eat sour cream on its own. I swear.

I have plans to buy chips I like and turn the un-opened one into some onion dip with the Lipton soup mix. IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING.


I CONFESS

More drama-llama with the backyard lady (you know the one with the husband that got arrested on the roof and the dog that keeps escaping): 

So for about over a month straight, 24/7, this lady has been running a generator. LOUDLY. Finally, my husband called the cops because my god was this ridiculous. One morning when it sputtered to a stop, I heard my neighbor yell something like "OH MY FUCKING GOD, NO MORE GENERATOR NOISE, IMAGINE THAT!" But she just put more gas in it and started it again. So my husband calls the cops, they come to the house to verify what the issue is, they go over and talk to the lady. The cops come back and tell my husband: The old lady can't turn on the utilities because she back owes them or something and can't afford it and the husband doesn't live there anymore (remember the whole roof incident?) and it might have been under his name, who knows. The old lady was there to take care of her step-mom, but she died, and now the old lady is waiting for probate to be resolved (not sure if that is how you word it) so she can sell and move. And she needs power for medical equipment. You know sob story after sob story. WHICH I KNOW MAKES ME SOUND LIKE THE ASSHOLE. Sometimes life just keeps giving you sucky choice after sucky choice and it's not your fault. But after having to listen to a very loud generator go on and on for so long, and waking up to it at 3am it's just. Sigh. 

But at least now she has figured out a way to run the generator at a much lower volume so there is that I guess.


I CONFESS

We had a guy come over to give an estimate for air conditioning, and when he saw my husband's wrestling belts on the wall he was just CONVINCED that my husband was a wrestler. My husband had on a face mask, and his new mohawk do, and is very tall and... wide... so probably looked like a wrestling personality of some sort. Neil kept denying it but the guy left unconvinced. This is the second time that I know of that someone thought he was some kind of famous sports/entertainment guy.


I CONFESS

Also, I started a new job last Monday! Don't be too impressed, it's at the law firm my husband works at. Their current file clerk/receptionist is going back to school and I'm replacing him. Though they have given me the title of "administrative assistant". After 14 months of working from home, but two of that being unemployed, going back to work, like out of the house, is incredibly exhausting. And plus trying to learn a whole bunch of new things, that pertain to law, of which I know nothing.