Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Instagram Accounts to Follow that bring Joy


I've been escaping to social media a lot these days, aside from drawing and writing and reading, and I make sure to follow accounts that lift me up, not bring me down. I'm not sure why people follow accounts that make them feel bad about themselves... I read so much on Reddit how people just delete Facebook and Instagram then feel much better, but I say, no need to delete! You just have to follow the "right" kind of accounts!

Here are some that I like that usually make me smile:

Basement Gang (@basementgang_)

I think I found this account via Reddit (of course, where I spend like 80% of my day). It's about three guys that do fun choreographed dances in what does appear to be a basement; and a pretty nice one. I would also be inclined to dance around there I think. Though not as well, ha. They just look so happy and like they are having a good time!

Caitlin Reilly (@hicaitlinreilly)

Reddit strikes again! She is absolutely hilarious, the first one I watched was the Target one. The dead girlfriend in a movie was SO spot on, totally reminded me of Punisher.

Burak Ozdemir (@cznburak)

Guess where I found this guy? Reddit! Some comments say they find his smile creepy, but I love it. He is a famous chef from Turkey and makes traditional food from that region. But what makes it really cool is he usually makes it GIANT and then gives it away. So heartwarming!

Castor & Pollux (@thecastorandpolluxshow)

Becky's new brood! They are just full of kitty cuteness. It's been great seeing them get so comfortable in their new home and with their new family :)

The Nest Box (@the_nest_box)

One of my husband's coworkers has a little farm not that far from here. They don't post that often, but when they do it's nice little pastoral photos of farm animals and veggies.

Toby Toad (@yaboi_toby_toad)

This was recommended by Steph (from blog Steph in Scotland), and this little toad has quite the life. I love all the little miniatures!

Aleia (@aleia)

And in that same vein: a snail with miniatures! Neil had asked me how did I even find an Instagram account about snail dioramas, and I honestly don't know. But I did. And it's great.