Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 10-25-2020

I CONFESS

On my Instagram stories a while back, you might have seen my little photo collage saying goodbye to kitty James.


James: full name James Bond because of his little suit. He is NOT our cat, he just starting showing up in our yard two years ago? Three? I don't remember. As we do, we name all the kitties that pass through our yard, and feed them if they want to be fed. He made himself right at home as the time passed, sleeping most of the afternoons on our patio furniture, and waiting by the BBQ or the back door for his breakfast and dinner. 

Eventually, he let me pet him and then he started coming inside our house. Which at first was no big deal... but then he started spraying. EVERYTHING. The records, the cat tree, the cabinets, the closet, INSIDE OUR VENTS. So I had to curtail his inside escapades even though after spraying he just wanted to snooze upstairs in the closet. He was NOT pleased with not being able to come inside and would do his best to sneak in. But he always let me pick him up to put him outside.

He spent most of his time YELLING trying to find himself some dates, and being aggressive with our cats, and peeing on all the things outside. Finally, my husband had enough of it and arranged with a tech at our vet to pick him up and get him fixed and re-homed. I was very sad, I was attached to him, but he was a nuisance. Even my neighbor mentioned him being aggressive with her cats and thought he was OUR cat. And our other neighbors said he caused their cats to start fighting too. 

So we figured it was in the best interest of everyone in the neighborhood to try to do something about this crazy cat. We also think he is the one that impregnated Momo, and who knows what other babies he has had. 

Neil sent me this update from the tech helping us out:


I was so happy! The initial plan was to re-home him as a barn cat, but perhaps they might be able to find an actual home for him! His main goal was to come inside and nap, so I really want him to have that.

Since he has been gone, my siamese hasn't been trying to go over the fences as much, so I think he was feeling like the backyard was James' territory. So now it can just be Kazu's. And all my other cats.

I CONFESS

Also, I have a query for all y'all: do you guys have/use Discord? I'm not going to say I understand it 100%, but I thought it might be a neat platform to use as a chatting hub of sorts for us hobby bloggers? Right now I lurk in the NaNoWriMo one and the GeekGirlPenPal. And my friends made one for playing Among Us, which I haven't played. I mean, not with them. I played one time on my phone with randoms and I was "sus" immediately and booted off the ship. I wasn't even an imposter! Just a terrible new player.

I'm thinking of just trying to set up my own... not sure what it's called, channel? Group? Room? Just looked it up, they are called "servers". 

I have two server name ideas:

--The B Word
--Beyond the Blog

I know readership and commenting is wayyy down so the chance of any of you actually seeing this is slim, but I hope to get some feedback!