Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

What I Wore || Playing Dressup

Yes, guys, I am playing dress-up now.

I will not be going to work for another four to five months, and I've been missing putting together outfits for work. Who knew! You can tell this is 100% dress up due to the make-up and the glasses.

The makeup because I would never leave the house in red lipstick, I cannot for the life of me get that stuff on straight. On my top lip, one side will be pointed, the other side curved. Try to fix one side, now that side looks curved, and the other side looks pointy. What is this witchcraft? Let's not even talk about the wonky bottom lip. The glasses are because I'm not going to waste a pair of contacts on dressing up for nothing. Also, the hair is a little bit too frizzy and non-curly than I'd be comfortable with on the back but thought the front looked neat for photos.

I do think I will try to wear earrings more often with my work outfits, I'm going to look for a few more pairs to add to my paltry collection. I also want to find some tinted lip balms to use, instead of lipstick and see how that works for me. I have some but they are super sheer, so I want to find some with a slightly darker tint.

I'm wearing a skirt that I haven't actually worn before, as shown in this video I did a few weeks ago. Paired it with a fitted sweater from Express (I love this top, I really hope they release it in more colors) and my favorite shoes from BAIT footwear. In real life, I would also put on nylons, because I abhor wearing naked feet in shoes, feels so gross and sweaty. Or maybe I just have gross, sweaty feet. That is a possibility. 


Sweater || Express
Skirt || Express
Shoes || Bait
Earrings || 1928 (old)

And y'all gotta know by now that it is literally impossible for me to put on red lipstick without pulling a bunch of faces because I feel so silly wearing it: