Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 8-23-2020

 

I CONFESS


I'm not sure where I found this since I don't go on Twitter really, but it really resonated with me because it's almost a full yes from me for every point:


Female celebrities have it extra hard and I fall for so much PR garbage that isn't fair or true. Following Jameela Jamil has really opened my eyes to how often and quickly smear campaigns happen. She is always posting stuff that is written about her that isn't true, taken out of context, or exaggerated and not just from trashy magazines. I don't feel I'm as bad as I used to be in my twenties, but I want to do better. 

And pink is a great color! Hot, pale, whisper, bright, neon... But tell that to my high school self, ha.

I CONFESS


This heat and the smoke from the fires really wore me out this past week, it was so hard to focus. There was ash on the car in the front yard, weird orange haze, smelled like every house had a wood-burning stove on full blast. Normally I would open the windows at night to let in the cool night air, but because of unhealthy air quality had to keep them closed. BUT at least my house is safe, so many people had to evacuate and have lost their homes. I think most of these fires were caused by the crazy thunderstorm we had last weekend. That is a rare thing to happen in the summer here! And for good reason, everything is so dryyyyy.

I CONFESS

I was trying to plan a quick day road trip for me and my husband, but I think I will postpone that until the fires are under control. I don't want to leave our kitties in case this area has to be evacuated! 

I CONFESS

With the power going out last Sunday for over six hours, I had to toss so much stuff from my fridge :/ I had some leftovers I was planning on eating the next day for lunch, and milk I just opened. A dessert I just made. So sucky. But I don't want anyone getting sick from spoiled food!