Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 8-16-2020


I CONFESS

Got an email from the CEO of my company... work from home is probably going to continue until Jan 18 2021. This has been a surreal year guys. I just got a new partner at the end of Feb, and at this point, I have worked with her from home more than in person. And by the time I see her, it will be like 9 months! How crazy is that! We IM each other all day, to coordinate our tasks but it's different than working in person.

I CONFESS

I guess all the holidays are canceled then, too? Right? Or at least should be??? I'm sure there won't be very many people (in the US) restricting their holidays at all. Sigh. This year was supposed to be super amazing on the holiday front. No Halloween party for me this year.

I CONFESS

I wonder how my cats are going to react when I need to go back to work... I left for a few hours that one time for a ride with Neil and Misu was so sad. I'm here like 99.99% of the time! I never go anywhere!

I CONFESS

At least this year is saving me money since I'm not spending any money on concerts, food, and alcohol for house parties and such. Should be saving me on CLOTHES but I keep buying. I have slowed on that though. Promise.

I CONFESS

This article from Apartment Therapy tells me I'm not really an adult: 16 essential home skills to know before you are 30. I know how to do maybe two of these things? The water shut off valve is in the front yard, under a concrete slab you can pick up and the crevice is filled with roaches. Fun. But I know where it is and I think I know where the key is in our garage. And I think I can unclog a toilet if it isn't dire. I've painted rooms before but I can't say if they looked GOOD or not so I'm not going to include that as a skill I have.