Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

New Favorite Condiments

My husband and I always have a plethora of condiments in the fridge and pantry at any given time. Sometimes you just aren't feeling ketchup for fries and you want some horseradish mayo or dijon. Or you got some nuggets from drive-through and they forgot the sauce packets but never fear, you have three different BBQ sauces to choose from at home. He has a few of his own favorites: orange sauce from La Vic anyone? I do NOT like that one, I think it's hella gross, but they are known for it and you can buy bottles of it, which he does. But this isn't about his favorites, it's about mine :)

Basil Olive Oil

I found this when I was on the hunt for some good olive oil since at the beginning of shelter in place, people went crazy with hoarding pantry essentials and I just couldn't find any in my normal locations. So eventually I found Oliviers & Co. I ordered a few different regular olive oils, then saw they had some flavored ones. I never tried those before, that I know of, and the basil one caught my eye. I LOVE basil. Whenever I have basil in my fridge, I will purposely just take it out to smell it. So I was hoping this would kind smell like it at least. So I took a gamble on the smallest tin container they had.

OH MY GOD IT'S SO DELICIOUS. It totally tastes like basil, it's so amazing. I've drizzled it on fresh tomatoes, margarita pizza, sardines, avocado toast... I just kept finding ways to use it because I loved it so much. I will be buying a larger container, and I'm tempted to try their lemon one. 

Score one for quarantine for bringing me this gem!

Hot Honey

Mod Pizza has this as a condiment option so one day I was like... I wanna try that. So I did. And it was delicious. So I bought some off of Amazon and used it almost all up until my house was so cold it crystalized and never UN crystalized no matter how hot my house got or how long I placed it between my thighs to warm up. So then I bought another one, different brand, but still yummy.

I am not really a pizza person, but my husband is, so I keep trying to find ways to make pizza more "exciting" for me. I was a person that used Ranch to dip my pizza in, don't hate, it's super yummy. But since I am trying to consume less dairy, I was trying to branch out and find other kinds of dip. So far this is the only thing I use the honey for... though I'm sure it would be good with biscuits. Or maybe some cornbread...

Honey mustard dip/dressing

I bought this from Farm Fresh, they have options to add other types of groceries, not just fresh produce. I ate so much of it in one sitting! I had it with celery, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber, and as a dip for my Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos. The container says "good on anything" and I think I agree! Once opened, it doesn't last very long, but I'm sure there are other brands out there with a longer shelf life. I love mustard and I love honey so I wasn't surprised that I loved this. I have had honey mustard dressing before, it's just been a long time. I normally buy Italian or Ranch; Italian because that is my husbands go-to and Ranch because it's so universal (salads, crudites, pizza, fries). I think I'm going to have to switch that up! I get so stuck in my routines with everything.

Do you guys have any favorite condiments that are a must-have in your kitchen?