Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, November 11, 2019

What I Wore || In the navy now

I've really been digging the color navy lately. It's such a classy and professional color, I'm not sure why I've overlooked it before. The one thing I wish I added to this outfit was one of my gold pairs of earrings, that would have looked nice.

And I still hate my front teeth that I spent all that time and money on but I refuse to go through that whole process again. Sigh.

The first time I heard you weren't supposed to pair navy with black was in middle school when I was in drama class sorting through a bunch of donated clothes and paired a top and skirt together. My drama teacher came up and was like oh no, you can't pair those two colors together! I didn't ask why but I was certainly perplexed. As I've gotten older, I realized that the rule must mean when the navy is so dark, it almost looks black, so the pairing looks off. But if the navy is more on the blue side, I think it looks really striking. Like these pants. I adore these pants. Well, except I wish the calves were cut a little slimmer. But to be fair, my calves are twigs. Also, I think I shrunk this sweater, sad face. I didn't notice when I sorted laundry and washed and dried it with the regular stuff instead of hang drying it with the delicates. Gah.

I have a blouse with dark navy dots on it that I do pair with black pants most of the time and just hope people don't notice they aren't actually black dots. Come and arrest me fashion police ;)

Also, once again, my husband was being silly while I was trying to take these photos. He knows what I'm doing but still acts like he has no idea why.
Sweater || Modcloth
Camisole || Uniqlo
Pants || Express
Wedges || B.A.I.T (Danita)