Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

attributes i didn't know i needed in a partner

being an actual atheist

I am not a religious person at all. I'm not anti-religious, it's just not something that I think about, the being non-religious part, and well, religion too.

Before my husband, I was dating this terrible-for-me guy (and very possible terrible for just about anyone) and we had this exchange:

Him: Sometimes I feel guilty after sex.
Me: (puzzled) Um, why?
Him: (super condescending voice and face) Because it's a SIN, Heatherrrr. (god the way he said my name was like nails on a chalkboard for me)
Me: You don't really talk like an atheist...
Him: (super offended) I AM MORE OF AN ATHIEST THAN YOU (because everything was a competition apparently, even down to brushing our teeth. WTF was wrong with this guy)

So yeah, fake atheists need not apply.

You know what he should feel guilty about? Being the worst lay I have EVER had, he was like, comically bad.


wears glasses

I've had to wear glasses since I was seven, so it's been a part of my life so long I cannot remember life really before glasses. And I guess there are just things glasses-wearers know/do that non-glasses wearers just aren't aware of. My husband is the first person I've been with that has also worn glasses for a while (I'm not sure when he started but long enough). The way he handles my glasses or removes from my face is VERY DIFFERENT than someone who has never had to wear them. And he is so conscientious of me when I have contacts on, and will look out for me like if I'm going to take a nap, he will remind me to take out my contacts. Or if it's getting late, but we are going to stay up or have some drinks, he will suggest that I remove my contacts now before I get too tired and it gets more difficult. LOVE THIS SO MUCH.


Is there anything about your current partner that has checked some boxes you didn't even know you had?