Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

What I Wore || Winter Ice

Nothing like editing photos to make you realize your mirror is filthy. 

I wore this dusty pink and navy outfit to work on our Secret Santa and Potluck day. It was also Ugly Sweater day, and depending on how you feel about festive sequined sweaters and matching headbands, you can decide if I was trying to match that theme. Hint: No :) 

Two nurses in the break room were thoroughly confused on the colors of my outfit and asked what I was trying "to be" which I answered: festive? I honestly had no idea how to answer that! I wasn't trying to "be" anything! The one nurse then said I looked more like spring. Erm. I was going more for an icy winter look rather than one of Santa's elves? 

Another coworker came up and asked me about my headband, like if I made it, and I said no, I bought it. Then she said, oh, I hope you didn't pay that much for it. Erm. Dang guys, what the hell. 
Sweater || ASOS
Slacks || Banana Republic
Booties || Vince Camuto
Headband || Etsy

Either way, I liked how my outfit came out. I find it hard to match these taupe-grey booties with anything that isn't jeans but I think it worked well with the navy pants. I also got compliments from other coworkers that were not negative, so it wasn't a total downer, ha. For once I actually put thought into my outfit and tried really hard to color coordinate instead of just putting on black slacks and black flats.


And on that note, Happy Holidays to all ya'll! ;)