Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Confessions || 12-12-21

 


I CONFESS

*Trigger warnings maybe: shots, blood, vomit*

Also, I know I'm a big baby regarding medical things.

Neil got us appointments for our covid boosters after work, plus a flu shot for me. I was like, ok, wham bam let's get all these shots out of the way.

At the Walgreens, after the nurse gave me the covid (Pfizer this time), I started bleeding and I felt it dripping down to my elbow. So much blood. To the point even the NURSE was like, that's a lot of blood, did it hurt? And I am very VERY phobic of needles and blood coming out of me from needles and talking about blood and needles so I just squeaked out "it happens" because I needed this conversation to be over, like yesterday (narrator: no it does NOT. it has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE EVER). And I just tried to hold it together while I got a flu shot in the other arm, then waited for my husband to get his booster.

We start to leave and I feel my body reacting to my mental state. I start getting those cold/hot sweats, my lips go numb, my tongue, I try my best to trail after my husband. I make it to the car and open the door, but the nausea is starting to set in so I kinda just crouch next to my seat on the pavement. Neil asks what's wrong, and I'm like I think I'm going to vomit, I don't know. I make myself get in the car and he finds a plastic bag for me to clutch. I dry heave a bit and then vomit a bit (it tasted exactly like the McDonalds fish sandwich I just had for dinner which was disconcerting like, shouldn't it taste more like vomit) and I just try my best to focus on the road so I don't add motion sickness to this. Which is hard because it's night, and I get extra car sick at night. I've adapted to just always being low-key nauseated in the car, so I haven't vomited from that in a long time, but now that I was compromised I wasn't sure how that was going to go.

Luckily no other vomiting! Just intense nausea, which when I'm nauseated I burp. A lot. It's gross. The next day I didn't feel as bad as my second shot of Moderna, but my arm was SO SORE and I had a bad headache and still nausea, though this time I think from the shots. 

Which my cat MiSu was having enough of my burping in this photo:

Like seriously, she was sleeping on my shoulder, I kept burping, she woke up, gave me a stink eye then pressed her paw on my mouth. 

She then also later stepped on my sore arm with one little paw with all 17 pounds of force which made me cry. She just looked at me and refused to remove her paw. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE COMFORTING ME YOU DEMON SPAWN.

Then Neil started to get a fever (104 degrees) and chills so I did my best to take care of him because I feel like that trumps nausea any day. It was not a good week.

I CONFESS

And my dumbass didn't take into account stupid covid shipping delays and products being unavailable and thought I could take care of the rest of my Christmas shopping yesterday online. I was going to send four people a nice bottle of champagne. I tried my two normal sites I order alcohol from, and both said they couldn't send it to three of the addresses (even though they have before!!!) and then the ONE address that was ok, they wanted to charge me over $30 to send it!!! THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT. That's almost half of the price of the item! So then I spent the next two hours trying to figure out what to get these people when I thought I had it in the bag. Everywhere stuff is back-ordered, out of stock, super high shipping!!!

I have no idea if what I ordered will get there in time, but I'm over it. I ended up ordering four different things from four different websites, ha. I was trying to keep it simple!!!! Lesson learned I guess... I should try to send out the gifts right after Thanksgiving maybe??? Hmph. I did my best to find something that I thought they might like and use. I still wish I could have sent the champagne, the bottle I found was so pretty.