Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 11-29-2020


I CONFESS

Things I have looked up recently because I've gotten that boredom where you are so bored but can't motivate yourself to do something productive like do the dishes or mop the floor or put away your socks or even do a fun thing like read a book or draw, or even just try to take a nap because you are just. too. bored:

What does the Whitehouse kitchen make every day for the president?

This led me to want a blog from the Whitehouse kitchen, where they post the daily menu plus all the fancy state dinners and such. I want to know! My tax dollars are paying for it anyway, ha. And not just in a snarky way, I just want to know when someone has a personal chef, like, what does that look like on a daily basis. 

Things I found out: Trump doesn't really like breakfast or lunch, he gets most of his calories from dinner. He tried to have the Whitehouse kitchen replicate his favorite Mcdonald's meal, but they didn't get it quite right, so he went back to ordering it from McDonald's. He likes to snack on Lays potato chips, Doritos, and tic-tacs. And I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read that he drinks about twelve cans of diet coke A DAY. And his normal Mcdonald's order is like two burgers, two fish sandwiches, and a chocolate shake. My god. 

He does like meatloaf and ice-cream, and apparently, the Whitehouse makes bomb ice-cream, even other people that have ice cream served to them from there have said so. Oh, also, his first meal as president was a well-done steak with ketchup! Wow, ok. Y'all might know that already but I have honestly tried to block out all Trump news from my life these past four years. But now that he (better) will be leaving office, I can allow myself some curiosity on the stuff that won't make me want to weep for humanity. Aside from eating a well-done steak with ketchup. 

Anyways, I find all of that fascinating and I want to know this about every president. It's mundane and silly but I like it! So yeah, tell me you wouldn't read a blog about this, ha.


I CONFESS

On the whole "list of things they've eaten I want to read" is The Child aka Baby Yoda aka Little Swamp Monster (okay maybe the last one is just me?). I had this conversation on Facebook and one friend was like, itsn't it like only three things? And then I listed two more things because apparently, I'm the only one keeping tabs. And it (no idea on gender!) ate/consumed two more things just recently. Imma gonna make a list. Maybe.

My husband is bemused that I've finally got into it. He had no idea that I wasn't watching last year when he was watching season 1 (how I don't know). So he had me watch season 1 before season 2 came out because he was like, you will like it! And he was right.

I CONFESS

Guys, look at THIS HOUSE. Like... I have no words.

I CONFESS

I have these cracked out meth neighbors (okay I have no proof they are druggies but the yard is full of trash and he is constantly hammering and doing projects late into the night) behind my house that have decided to try to booby trap the fence to stop the squirrels from running along the fence and... making their dog go crazy? Bothering their garden? I honestly have no idea. Their dog does go nuts, and hits the fence really hard sometimes I'm afraid he is going to get in our yard one day... it doesn't deter my turtle from his daily patrol though. ANYWAYS. The first booby trap was a strip of wood with nails in it, pointy sides up, screwed into the fence. I try to do a weekly patrol around the yard to check for things (trash, dead things, turtle mess, holes under the fences, etc, have to keep my babies safe!) and noticed something odd on the fence (I think the fence is six or seven feet up and so it's hard for me to see) and informed my husband. He takes the bed of nails off the fence (also before my husband took it down, I literally saw a squirrel run along the fence and then just jump over the nails).

THEN on Thanksgiving, I was doing my patrol again and saw something odd AGAIN in the same spot. Come in and inform my husband. He just immediately puts his shoes on and gets in the car and drives over there to talk to them. The woman answered the door with her dog by her side and said that her husband wasn't home, but she would inform him, and that it was her mother's house and they would be selling the house soon anyways... which IF that is true thank god, but I don't care if you are selling the house or not stop being fucking nut jobs. This second booby trap was a fishing line with rusty fish hooks on it. Like, the fuck? My husband told her that he didn't want to get his lawyer involved, so NO MORE BOOBY TRAPS.

They are also the ones I saw from upstairs fighting, with her chasing him with a baseball bat accusing him of cheating. Like for real who else wants to fuck that guy??? These people seem to be in their fifties or so and look in more disrepair than the house. The house is GRIM and they don't even have curtains, just sheets kinda tacked up. Will probably still be able to sell that house for over half a mil.

But yeah, the fact that my husband was just so confident/brave to just go right over... I was like omg please come back safe.