Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A list of things I miss (and some things I don't) due to shelter-in-place


  1. Going to Costco after work with my husband.
  2. Getting lunch (and a cocktail!) at Red Robin before heading over to the movie theater
  3. Watching movies at a movie theater
  4. Concerts
  5. Having friends come over for casual get-togethers
  6. Trying on shoes at Nordstrom Rack 
  7. Taking the bus to Santa Cruz with my sister
  8. Getting salads to go from Sweet Tomatoes for dinner (no longer exists)
  9. Getting Baja Fresh for dinner (no longer exists, near us anyways)
  10. California Pizza Kitchen (they closed the location near me)
  11. Planning a fancy dinner for my anniversary and birthday (I'm owed so many dinners out at this point!)
  12. Going to Total Wine or BevMo and buying random alcohol 
  13. Planning themed parties
  14. Making travel plans with my sister
  15. Having my lunch (alone) across the street from my work outside of Whole Foods
  16. Reasons to dress up
  17. Wearing my work clothes
  18. Sunday morning bagel sandwiches and Thai iced tea from my local bagel place


And since I like making lists, here's an opposite one:

Things I do not miss:

  1. Wearing a bra every day
  2. Managing my curls every day
  3. Going into the office every day
  4. Sitting in commuting traffic five days a week
  5. Going to the grocery store (different than Costco)
  6. Rushing around in the morning trying to get things done before going to work

Hmm. Most of these are work-related.