Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 4-12-2020

I CONFESS

Anyone else read Charlotte Sometimes in their childhood? This whole covid thing made me think of this book. At first I couldn't remember the title so it took a bit of searching. And during that search, I found out that the song "Charlotte Sometimes" by The Cure is about this story! It was the lead singer's favorite childhood book! Here I was thinking this book was some obscure thing.

Anyways, part of this book takes place during the Spanish flu in 1918. Tempted to read it again to see if my memory holds up... I mean, it DID inspire a song :)


I CONFESS

Can we talk about my upstairs bathroom for a minute? The one that was being remodeled then just... wasn't? I kinda wish we never started remodeling it. I low key hate it. At least the way it looked before was terrible in not my fault way. Currently, all the tile is messed up. The walls, the floor. The tile for the back of the sink is too low. My husband picked this terribly ugly bidet that is so complicated (as far as I'm concerned), and he wants to mount the god awful remote to it on the OUTSIDE of the vanity I picked. What. The. Hell. In what world would I want that.

I've been using this bathroom more often since I'm working upstairs so I have to keep looking at everything that is wrong with it. Which is everything.


I CONFESS

And I will NEVER be the type that can tell a contractor that I hate something. I will just be like, yup, that's great thanks, here's my money! And then just cry and mope about it later.


I CONFESS

And I also feel like I can't say anything to Neil either because he gets frustrated and is like, this is what you wanted! Which yes, all the elements I like (minus that freaking bidet. and the stupid no handle flushing toilet), I just don't like that everything is damaged and all wonky.


I CONFESS

How many days before I decide I need to wear deodorant again. The answer is 8. 

I CONFESS

Neil has been handling this shelter-in-place a lot better than I thought he would! He has been isolating longer than I have, but has adapted pretty well. He is a lot more active around the house! I think it helps that Mon-Fri he is downstairs and I am upstairs. Until 4:23pm then I am outttaaaa hereeee.