Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Chia Seed Pudding

Ingredients:

4 cups Vanilla Soy Milk
1 cup Chia Seeds
Toppings of your choice


Instructions:

Mix/Whisk chia seeds and milk together until all the chia seeds are submerged (I like to use a fork) and it looks all uniform. 

In five minutes, mix thoroughly again. 

Five more minutes, give it another stir and check for lumps, and squish out if necessary. 

Place in the fridge for a few hours. Divide into containers. This recipe gets me about five-six jam jars with enough room to add whatever toppings I want. But depending on your container and amount you want to eat, your mileage may vary on the serving size.


Topping fails for me:

Frozen Strawberries (mushy terribleness)
Diced Peaches (I don't remember why it didn't work for me, just that it didn't)
Honey (made everything all watery. maybe add right before you are going to eat it?)


Okay:

Dried Coconut


Really Good:

Blueberries


BEST:

A Layer of Chia Seed Pudding
A layer of Coconut Yogurt
A Layer of Blueberries
Sprinkle of dried coconut

There are of variations of this online, and much prettier ones! My coworker likes hers a little bit more "soupy" I think? So I think her ratio of milk to chia seeds is different. She usually eats hers with a mixture of fresh strawberries and blueberries. And another coworker mixes hers with greek yogurt instead of milk. I've been tempted to try it with apple sauce, not because I think it will be delicious, but because I feel like it would look DISGUSTING and I need to know.

I'm not a big breakfast person, usually, I just eat a granola bar so I always feel better about myself when I prep these since they are a great little fiber bomb.