Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, August 20, 2018

Sunday Morning

I wake up to insistent licking and mewing all over my face. It's dark. I blindly reach out to my little side table for my glasses and hear the other kitten knock them over. Ugh. Reach farther down into the blackness, my fingers prodding blindly into the carpet until... I grab some cold cat vomit. Nice. Find my glasses and put them on with the unsullied hand, and shuffle for the door. I don't even bother bringing my cellphone anymore to see what time it is. I know what time it is. A few more hesitant steps down the stairs, narrowly missing cat food dishes with last nights wet food, more by luck than design. In the kitchen, the microwave clock brightly lets me know that it is ten past five. In the morning. On a Sunday. Soya is frantic and growling to get outside, away from the little monsters. I step forward to let her out and my bare foot steps right into another cat food dish of wet, squishy unpleasantness.

I open two small cans of food to divide for breakfast for four of the cats, the two youngest the most eager, climbing onto the counter. I bring the other two dishes upstairs for the older two.

I lay on the couch thinking, maybe I'll just get more sleep... and MiSu decides she is more interested in pets and cuddles than breakfast. She climbs onto my chest and purrs manically and nuzzles her face into my hair, my face, the crevice of my arm. Ok, not a bad way to spend early Sunday morning.


**********************
So I felt bad for only including MiSu in the photo collage (I couldn't find decent ones of Kazu that fit!), so here is a bonus video of how my work mornings usually go: