Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 10-18-2020

 

I CONFESS

My go-to not fancy but a bit elevated dine-in restaurant will not be renewing their lease in San Jose :( They do have a couple of other locations, but not that close. I had my birthday dinner there last year and a few more before that. My good friend Katrina and I finally ate there together one time and ordered our favorite meal, the trout followed by creme brulee for dessert. Good-bye Fish Market, I loved you so much. But I will have to try their other locations once this whole COVID thing is over. I have to think when and not if because I have to believe that there is going to be a life after this year.

I CONFESS

I voted, guys! And... this was the first time I have ever voted. Ever. I KNOW. It just seemed like a really, REALLY important election to be part of. Plus California made it super cinchy by sending everyone a mail in ballot. Have I mentioned that I am really lazy? But I also got my flu shot the same week so I'm basically as grown-up as I could possibly be ;)

I CONFESS

Neil and I started watching Schitts Creek. Late to the party, ha. It's really funny! I see why it won so many awards.

I CONFESS

Last weekend my ear was hurting SO MUCH but then after a day, poof, gone. So strange. I had woken up at midnight and couldn't go back to sleep until almost four it hurt so much. I'm blaming the flu shot. Wasted my dang Saturday. And it wasn't lock jaw, I've had that. This was a more inner ear, and it hurt to swallow, sneeze, or even just open my mouth. Now I'm fine. Stupid body.

I CONFESS

Can you believe that I don't think I've ever had Rye bread before? In my mind, I thought it was brown for some reason (edit: I looked online, looks like it is sometimes brown). Anyways, I ordered a polish sandwich from Wienerschnitzel (treating myself to a bit of pig, though I wish they offered vegan sausages) and it came on this absolutely delicious bread and I had no idea what it was so I go online to figure it out. And it's Rye. Which seems so basic and not very exotic but I really think this was my first experience with it. Delicious! Kinda like how I didn't know what rosemary tasted like before my mid-20s because my mom hated it and never cooked with it and would always replace it with thyme in a recipe and then I would too if I ever came across a recipe using rosemary because, reasons? But now I love rosemary, like, so much. I also had the same reaction tasting it for the first time, like, my god, what is this spiritual awakening happening in my mouth right now!