Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 10-04-2020

I CONFESS

You know how couples have a "song", or some do I guess? Or is that mostly a TV trope? I don't know. I don't feel like Neil and I have a song, there wasn't anything playing (that I remember) for our first kiss or first time being intimate or anything like that.

Do any of you guys have a song of any significance to your relationship?

I feel like Neil and I have a movie, kinda, of sorts. It's one that when I think of I also think of him. We watched it for the first time together, and it just hit both our funny bone exactly right, and we have now watched it half a dozen times I feel. It's one that we can put on and still laugh and enjoy, just one of those comfort ones. The movie is Game Night, which I've written about before

I was just drawing and my mind wandered to that movie and then to Neil and then it made me think like, this was "our" movie, since the thoughts of the movie intertwined with thoughts of my husband. Which then I was like, hey, is this "our" movie like people have a song?? Not really a deep thought, ha. So at least to me, that is our movie. 

I CONFESS

Today is my birthday! Last year of my 30's, I am now 39 years old. SO WEIRD. I don't remember feeling that much of anything when I was 29 but being almost FORTY is a totally different feel. Not enough to have a midlife crisis over (not yet anyways, give me a year 😜) but enough to just be like WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN. I AM A MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN! 

I CONFESS

I forgot I set google to send me alerts for the phrase "it's like a potato" and I got this message recently:

Trump Threatens To Sign Order Preventing Biden From Running For President
And again, he understands, he believes that you, his most ardent followers have the collective IQ of a potato, not even a good potato, it's like a potato.
As you can imagine, the alert doesn't come up very often.