Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Friday, April 24, 2020

Vegan Peanut Butter Quick Bread

Saw this recipe floating around Reddit and decided to try it since I had all the ingredients in my pantry:


Ingredients

--2 cups all-purpose flour
--1/4 cup brown sugar
--4 teaspoons baking powder
--1/2 teaspoon salt
--1 1/3 cup milk (I used coconut)
--3/4 cup peanut butter

Instructions

--Preheat oven to 325
--Grease a loaf pan
--Mix together dry ingredients
--Mix in the milk
--Mix in the peanut butter
--Pour/scrape into prepared pan
--Cook for about 1 hour

Slice and top liberally with your favorite jam! Mine was more cake-like and crumbly just out of the oven, so I ate it with a fork. 










After I let it cool down and was in the fridge, the next morning it did slice into dense pieces. This would make for some decadent french toast!

It has a much stronger peanut butter smell than it does taste, which was a plus for me since I'm not a huge peanut butter fan.