Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Lip Stuff || What I've been trying

Eminence: Lemongrass Balm

SUPER LOVE: the scent
SUPER LOVE: (most) are vegan and all are cruelty-free!
Love: how it applies
Like: the packaging, wish it wasn't as wide, my lips are thin! But this is such a tiny criticism, I would totally buy again.

Eminence Cinnamon Oil

Love: The packaging
Love: That this brand is cruelty-free
Love: The scent
Hate: That I'm so sensitive to it! I have to be super careful in applying it. if it somehow gets past my lip line, my skin turns all red and a little puffy. I want that for my LIPS not under my nose. 

Jane Iredale Lip Plumper

Love: the packaging, looks sleek and classy. I really like that the branding is subtle.
SUPER LOVE: it's cruelty-free!
Love: the color
Like: the tingle. I don't know if these "plumpers" actually work but they feel like they are ;)
Meh: It's a bit "stiff" trying to apply, but that could be because of my perpetually dry lips. I usually apply a balm first, and then this and then it applies really great.

DuWop Tinted Prime Venom

Love: The color
Love: The way it feels putting it on, it glides
SUPER LOVE: It's cruelty-free
Like: The flavor/scent
Hate: The packaging. So difficult to open and feels hecka cheap!

Blistex

Love: SPF
Like: the application, I mean, it's your standard lip balm
Like: the faint color
No feelings: the packaging, just your standard container, nothing special

Chapstick Total Hydration (Merlot)

Dislike: Feels grainy
Dislike: The color feels off for me (chose a too dark color than I'm comfortable with)

Fresh Sugar Dream Lip Treatment

Love: The color
SUPER LOVE: The scent
Like: The packaging, has a soft matte feel to it, just sometimes twisting to close feels like you are twisting the product up
Like: The way it feels putting it on, but it does seem to get a little melty in the warmer months so not great on that.
Upset: The website says they do NOT test on animals, but they don't specifically say they are cruelty-free. 

Google search says since they sell in China, they HAVE to test on animals. So now I'm not sure of the items I THINK are cruelty-free, are only the US versions cruelty-free but their other items being sold overseas are NOT??? Then I don't want to purchase at all!!!

Now I have to re-research all my other brands I thought were "safe" :( Super bummer that these brands would try to give a certain image by changing their wording.