Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, February 25, 2019

What I Wore || For the Birds

I have to say, I love this blouse. I haven't washed it yet, so I hope it washes well on the delicate cycle and air drying. I wanted to pair it with a yellow cardigan, but the only yellow one I have at the moment is more of a highlighter yellow and it didn't really go very well. But I'm thinking now that maybe navy is a better choice.

The last Friday of every month we are allowed to wear jeans to work, as long as they aren't full of holes. I use to use that Friday to dress like I did back at my old job, jeans/sneakers/silly tee, but I've been trying to change my personal style so I've been forcing myself to break that rut.
Also, I have this coworker that is SUPER STYLISH. Though to be fair, she could wear a burlap sack and look great. She never ever looks sloppy or has an outfit that doesn't quite go. She doesn't have a specific style, she ranges from girly girl, power boss, menswear-inspired, athleisure, on-trend... just everything. And looks great no matter what. Her hair, makeup, jewelry, shoes, all on point. And she does it all on a budget, she gets most of her clothes from thrifting! 

But also to be doubly fair, she puts in the work. She drinks a butt ton of water a day, has a skincare regimen, works out almost every day, and spends her mornings getting ready instead of like me where I hang out with my cats too long and then scramble to get ready.

I read an article somewhere that the three (five?) people that you spend the most time with influence you the most, be it your ideals, hobbies, language, mannerisms... So I'm glad she is someone that I spend almost 8 hours a day with. Not just because she is really fashionable, she is also just a really sweet person and we work well together.

SO. Since I was already on a style journey, I'm trying to use her daily influence to help me out, ha. I haven't really asked her for input, just trying to see how she pieces together her outfits. I do see that having your hair and accessories together really makes an outfit. You get that hair? GET YO SHIT TOGETHER.

She was also wearing skinny jeans and booties, but she cuffed her jeans just a tad so they were just above the line of her boots. It's those little details!
Cardigan || Loft
Blouse || Modcloth
Jeans || Express
Booties || Vince Camuto