Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Confessions || 7-22-2018

I CONFESS

I kinda wish I could go back in time and start all my social media under my name "Heather Anne" instead of Faerie Eye... Too bad there isn't an easy way to just change it! It's still available on MySpace, ha.

I CONFESS

So for the first time EVER for me, my husband behaved like a total a-hole the other night... I mean, everyone should be allowed to be cranky and angry, you can't be happy and/or neutral all of the time, BUT STILL. And I could tell he was trying not to be mister crankasaurus in the middle of his crankfest, but it wasn't working. So I did my best not to take it personally.

This is how it went:
After work on Thursday, we get home, eat, and I try to veg out on the couch with my laptop, and try to browse to shop for a baby shower for the next week. MiSu is doing her normal manic must nurse on your face but can't find a nipple so going to just lowkey sandpaper your entire face off while crying, and also step all over your laptop and turn it off and press buttons that you don't know how to undo. She will literally just lay on top of my laptop, and I can raise it up in the air and move it around, WITH HER ON IT, and she will not move. She does NOT do this with Neil. 

Anyways. I'm getting a bit cranky so I go outside with the older cats to get some peace. I lay on the couch out there with my phone, trying to ignore MiSu pressed up against the glass door giving me the saddest eyes ever. Then the neighbors behind me, of whom I've never even heard before, start having a shouting match in the backyard.

Woman: I'VE ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS, YOU KNOW THAT.
Man: *indiscernible*
Woman: WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT BULLSHIT.
Man: *indiscernible*
Woman: WELL I'M GOING TO BE LATE NOW, THIS IS BULLSHIT.

So outside time is not being very peaceful. 
(But seriously though: do all my neighbors fight??? Or am I just (un)lucky to always be outside at the right (wrong) time???)

So I go back inside and just sit on the couch to give MiSu the attention she is craving, because hello, she hasn't seen me all day so I need to just suck it up. We are both sitting next to Neil and I am petting and cooing her, and too late I noticed that her paw was on the TV remote... I see the screen changing on it and try to get it away but oh no, it changes the tv IN THE MIDDLE OF NEILS VIDEO GAME, which I hate him playing because it honestly feels like all it does is make him low-key annoyed (it's a baseball game). But this... this PISSED HIM OFF SO MUCH. He gets it back to his game, gripes about playing five innings for nothing, and I guess loses, then angrily turns everything off and yells at MiSu "thanks for NOTHING" (or something like that, I was honestly just so shocked at his behavior) and goes upstairs. I decided that the kittens and I need to go to the downstairs room. It's easy cause those monsters follow me everywhere.

I bring in the large cushions and close the door. He comes in later and sits crankily on the little couch with his ice water. Apparently, the air conditioning wasn't working, and the upstairs bedroom is still hot. Him coming in the room lets me know that he is trying not to be an a-hole, he wants to be around us it's just not always easy to just stop being cranky. THEN KAZU TRIES TO CLIMB HIM USING HIS BALLS. GAH.

I slept in the downstairs room with the kittens, ha. Neil said I didn't have to, I know that, but I felt like Neil getting no sleep is worse than me getting no sleep. I've had terrible sleep for 3 weeks, him 1, but god damn, I think I am handling it a lot better. Neil wakes up a million times when he is with the kittens, every noise is cause for concern for him (I mean, we did have to take Kazu to the vet on Monday because he was vomiting and not eating or wanting to move, goodbye $800 but hello healthy cat), and he is so worried about crushing them.

Neil was back to his normal self the next morning :) I know this makes him sound terrible but this story is really unusual, I have never seen him throw a tantrum like that! Totally made me think of my brother Shane, who does that on the regular, ha. Which my husband hates about my brother by the way. Astrology be bullshit but they both be Tauruses, bunch of stubborn bulls ;)

I CONFESS

Things I call my kittens:

sleepy potatoes

little monsters
crazy muffins
trouble one and trouble two
my sweeties

They may have a hard time learning their real names.