Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sunday Confessions || 11-28-2021



I CONFESS
I've been playing Stardew Valley again and in the beginning sequence before you play the game the character you play is in an office setting and they pan over the coworkers and one of them is so obviously Stan from Monkey Island! I wanted to confirm though and went to the internets, and people are claiming it's fucking Woody from ToyStory. If you look at the Wiki for Stan, it very clearly states his cameo in Stardew. IT'S SO OBVIOUS IT'S HIM!!!!! The mannerisms, the outfit, I was like STANNNNNNN. But I still had to double-check because to be fair it's such an obscure video game character.

I CONFESS
So I had no idea that you are supposed to hook up with a single on Stardew and get married and stuff?? The first time I played I had no idea what I was doing so this time around I've done some internetting on some of the things. So I was like okay, I'll try. I make some mayonnaise out of eggs from my farm and start handing them out as gifts to get heart points, and the one guy I'm trying to get hearts from goes "You really don't get it, do you?" and hates it. Then I also figure out you can rummage through the garbage cans, and that guy saw me and that didn't go well either. Apparently, I can't flirt right in a game just like real life. Whatever, all the other characters that are not single loved my handmade gift, you blond asshole.


I CONFESS
I stopped playing the first time because of the dang fishing mini game. I HATES IT. So this time, I decided I'm just not. going. to. do. it. Maybe I might attempt it later if I have to but so far I don't so why annoy and frustrate myself? I honestly don't get it at all. Even just GETTING to the mini-game is confusing and is more luck than know-how on my end.


I CONFESS
And one non-stardew valley confession: I thought last Friday was Black Friday and was so confused on articles saying what to buy for Black Friday that was posted after Friday. It took me until SUNDAY to realize oh wait, it hasn't happened yet! Der. This is what happens when I take a week off work, I lose all sense of time.