Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 12-06-2020


 I CONFESS

Roller skates are still sold out, and they have been sold out for like the whole of quarantine. So like 8 months!  I follow the subreddit r/rollerskates, and it seems like:

  1. Most people are focused on doing the tricks and dance moves vs just skating. Which is fine I guess, but there are posts of like "day five on the skates" and they are trying to do some complicated moves. Like, just get comfortable skating first maybe?
  2. People are skating INDOORS, like, their fucking kitchens and livingrooms!! What! Indoor skates mean for the roller rink!!! I hope you are not an upstairs apartment dweller because seriously wtf guys.
  3. There are a lot of first-time skaters in their 30s/40s and makes me wonder how have you gone so many decades never having skated! I mean, I'm happy that people are trying new things, but it just so bizarre to me to never have skated before! I remember that I would wear my sister's sasquatch skates (seriously, my sister has always had large feet for her size, and definitely big for my size), stuffed the toes with socks and just wrap the laces a million times around my ankles to skate around OUTSIDE. Probably not the safest, but I did eventually get my own skates :)
But I do love that this has become a trend, and the culture around the skating is so encouraging (not like my judgemental ass, ha) and there are so many cute accessories for skates that I never even knew existed! The skates I want are pretty expensive though, plus I want to make sure to get protective gear since I haven't skated outside a roller rink for a long time and I'm sure I'm not as agile/athletic on them as I once was. So maybe them being sold out for so long is life telling me DO NOT BUY, ha. But like if I had enough money to fail a business and be ok, I would want to open a skating rink with a shop attached to it with all the cute gear.

I CONFESS


Anyone on the hot cocoa bomb train? I haven't bought or made any yet, but I've been watching so many videos of making them ever since I saw someone post the ones from Costco. They are so cute! I haven't kept up with all the food trends of 2020, but I think it went: making your own sourdough starter, whipped coffee, and now hot cocoa bombs? I'm sure there must have been trends in between those. I've only done the whipped coffee because that only needed one ingredient and not very much time.

But I've been wanting to buy this for my husband but they keep selling out! SO CUTE.

I CONFESS


My sister came by to pick up her Christmas gift and drop off mine. She got me a bottle of champagne and a box of JuJuBe candy :D She knows me so well, alcohol and sugar!!! I also made her a little chai drink to take with her. I miss hanging out with her so much. We just chatted quickly through the front window but it was too cold to hang out too long. Plus her boyfriend was waiting in the car. This year has really been such a downer. I feel bad for feeling bad because both my husband were able to keep our jobs and work from home so on average, we've been very lucky. And yet mentally I'm just not happy and it feels really shallow and self-centered. My sister mentioned that her boyfriend was very depressed and I said that made sense, this year has been difficult for a lot of people and she just shrugged and was like, well, I'm medicated now so not so much for me and then laughed. They are getting a puppy in January so she is hoping that will be helpful for him.

I CONFESS


Our cat Momo caught two birds this week. I'm hoping it's the SAME bird because the first one my husband was able to rescue it and it flew away so in my mind I want it to be the same one so it's not two birds being attacked. She was just super excited in the yard playing around with it and rolling all over it. :(

*EDIT* Holy crap, not even a minute after I hit publish on this post SHE CAUGHT ANOTHER ONE. Two in one morning!!! Ahhhh. I've been so lucky that my cats are terrible hunters, I've never had to deal with this. With my cats anyways, my mom had some cats that liked to hunt.