Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 3-29-2020

I CONFESS

My husband took the stray pregnant cat to the vet because she had worms and it stressed her out so bad. So much so... that we are so dumb we didn't realize it had made her go into labor so MY DUMBASS let her out. She was gone for a day then showed up when I was at work so my husband fed her and said she looked thinner. He followed her and saw her go on our neighbor's roof. He stayed outside in the cold for 20 minutes staring at their house, trying to see where she went and figured there was a little access point from the roof to their attic. He was right.


I CONFESS

So guess what Heather got to do after work on Friday? Go to the neighbors, of which I have never met or talked to, and ask them if I can climb on their roof to look for a cat that is not mine to see if she had her babies. You know, cause that ain't weird or awkward at all. My husband had me do it while he got the ladder because I look less scary (and by less I mean not at all) and less chance they will say no.


I CONFESS

So they say yes, of course, we can do whatever. Also, find out that the couple that lives in the side part of the house has cats too! And we learned their cat's names, go inside, then my husband is like, wait, did you ask that guy his name? Whoops. Anyways, here I am like a weirdo climbing onto my neighbor's roof, laying on my belly once I find the little alcove Neil saw and I can see there is a hole that goes into their house. I can't see or hear anything even with using my phone to try to take video. The neighbors on the other side of this neighbor see my weirdness, and I can hear my husband telling them what we are doing.


I CONFESS

The mama cat comes by later that night for more food, and she is MUCH smaller and has a bit of blood on her vagina. This cat definitely had her babies. We follow her, me in the backyard, Neil in the front. He meets up with the neighbor again (gets his name like a normal person!) and we confirm she disappears onto their roof on that same spot. So we know her babies are in there somewhere.


I CONFESS

So on Saturday, I got permission to go explore the neighbor's attic. The access was from the garage so not too intrusive. When I knock on their door to ask permission, I hear their little girl approach the door and look at me through the class then mention something about the cat on the roof, ha. I will probably forever be known as crazy roof cat lady to her.

But in true California home construction, the "attic" is not really an attic but just a bit of space from the ceiling to the roof. There were visible nails showing from the roofing, exposed insulation, and the only way to get across was to balance on the two by fours and NOT step on the drywall. All doing this in a crouch position, so as not to stab your head or back on the nails above. Plus there were pipes going every which way, and weird walled sections that I had to crawl through... needless to say I did NOT explore too far so I found nothing for my trouble.

I CONFESS

We have named her "Momo" which is Japanese for peaches. You know, to keep with the theme of all of our cats having Japanese inspired names:

Toki (doki)
Soya
Kazu
Misu
and now Momo!


I CONFESS

Though I really hope she didn't have very many, that will be stressful to try to find that many homes. I'm hoping for four or less, fingers crossed. And that they are all healthy! Not sure how we are supposed to find out exactly where they are, and if we can get them down safely.


I CONFESS

Also, our neighbor keeps tabs of all the neighborhood cats like we do. And gives them names like we do. Our siamese got named Gizmo by him, lols!