Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Confessions || 7-28-2019


Another old confession I found in the draft folder, originally meant to be posted March 11th 2018:

I CONFESS

Erm, the show I went to a few weeks ago [edit: Jerry Seinfeld] was great except for a few things. One, WHICH ALMOST ALWAYS HAPPENS, the guy in front of me was blocking most of my view most of the night.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but when Neil and I were first dating I had told him that no matter what, the tall person will always sit/stand in front of me, or at least 9/10th of the time, even if I'm so very obviously next to a taller person, such as my husband who is 6'2, and they could sit/stand in front of them. Do tall people just have no spatial awareness at all? Is it a secret joke to them? Anyways, my husband notices it too and really cannot believe how often it really happens. The tiny girl sat in front of my husband, the tall guy in front of me. Which would have been fine at this venue if he would have just sat in his chair like a normal human being, the chairs were at a steep enough angle (which since we were so high up, if I thought about it too much my feet started to go numb with fear) that I would have been able to see over his head just fine.

Instead, both he and his partner decided to spend the entire night hunched over the balcony in front of them, shifting back and forth so that each time I would position myself opposite in my chair to see past his head, he would then move his head to be in my way.

The other thing about a group behind me... er, was a hygiene issue? I thought maybe it was just me, but after the show, my group of friends started talking about it, like "B.O. and pot" and I was like uh, for me it smelt like SWEATY VAGINA. I spent the whole show either with my hair coving my face or with my scarf like an 1850's character with consumption. The group behind us were very large, with all their legs spread wide open to accommodate, and the guy behind me even had his leg in the aisle and around my chair. So I think I was smelling sweaty balls?

Or maybe I'm just an asshole that always finds something to complain about.