Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, December 23, 2019

What I Wore || Winter Wedding Guest

This is my first Ted Baker dress and I got it for a steal off of Poshmark. It's brand new, and originally over two hundred dollars, but I got it for THIRTY. There was just a small stain on the back which wasn't that obvious and I was afraid of ruining the dress trying to get the stain out. So I didn't. 
I just LOVE this dress. It's fully lined and you can tell it's well made. This is the most expensive dress in my closet, and I can definitely tell the difference from the thirty dollar dress I bought for Vegas from Lulus, I'm just not educated enough on fabric and sewing to be able to articulate what I mean. The cap sleeves are a bit of a bother, makes lifting my arms difficult, and the bodice is fairly tight, BUT other than that its just lovely.
I think the color will work great for a spring event as well. I had bought these shoes ages ago and just hadn't worn them yet. I was hoping they would go well with the dress and jacket so I wouldn't have to buy another pair of shoes. Since I bought everything at different times and online, I wasn't sure how it was going to all piece together. The shoes ended up being a tad too large, I had to poke an extra hole on the strap, and the front bit on TOP of my foot was digging in! So...I don't think I will be wearing these again, ha.
It was going to be an outside ceremony, and I was concerned about being cold so I bought this faux fur coat from Nordstrom. I kept waiting for it to go on sale but alas it did not so I bought it full price, super sad face. BUT. I really like it, so I think I will have to find more reasons to be extra. Like I needed another coat in my wardrobe. Though, I didn't have a short faux fur coat, so filling a clothing-gap I didn't know I had.
And just how adorable is this purse??? I'm a fan of pairing "edgy" items with "softer" ones (like a leather jacket with a sundress). Or in this case the chain handbag with the floral dress. I feel like it all works together...
I'm also a fan of going with muted/soft colors for winter instead of bright jewel tones. This still reads wintery, right? Or am I totally off base?
Dress || Ted Baker via Poshmark
Coat || Blank NYC via Nordstrom
Handbag ||  Kurt Geiger via Nordstrom
Earrings || 1928
Shoes || Royal Vintage