Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Friday, December 6, 2019

What I Wore || 20th High School Reunion

Gosh guys, twenty years already??? I do not feel old enough to be twenty years post high school!!!

I almost didn't go... I kept looking at the going list, and I was like, I don't know any of these people!!! And no one is going to know me :( Or if they do recognize me, it would be like, ugh, her? Or they do recognize me, positively, and I'm like, new phone who dis??? How awkward if they remember me and I have no clue who they are!!!!

Dang anxiety. Though not being recognized would be expected from such a large high school though, I think the attendance was close to 5000 my senior year, 1000 being seniors.

But how often does a twenty-year high school reunion come up? JUST GO, YOU CRAZY ANXIOUS SHY INTROVERTED HERMIT. If anything, at least you will get to visit a cool cocktail bar and have a fancy date night with your husband. So I bought the tickets on the very last day of the deadline.

The tickets said they came with two drink tickets each, appetizers, a gift (a shot glass), a photo booth, and a DJ. Based on the going list on the e-vite, there would be 20-40 people (20 people said "going" but I doubled it in case like me they are bringing a plus one). I was hoping for 40, 20 would feel too intimate and weird. Though it turns out, I think I was the only one that brought their spouse!!!

The one high school friend that added me to the group event DIDN'T EVEN GO. She said she only recognized my name and didn't want to pay that much for "a drink and two grapes", lolssss. The tickets were a bit pricey. But they came with TWO drinks, ok?
Dress || White House Market via Poshmark
Boots || B.A.I.T
Jacket || White House Black Market
Handbag || Kurt Geiger via Nordstrom