Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, June 24, 2019

What I Wore || Baby Shower Blues

My coworker/friend from my last job, the data entry one, texted me that her daughter was expecting and she wanted me to come to the baby shower. I have only seen her once since leaving that last job, TWO YEARS AGO, both the coworker and her daughter, so I was delighted to go. I miss her so much! I spent so much time talking with her for TEN YEARS and then nothing. She doesn't "do" social media so I blame her ;)

She said her daughter was expecting a son, and because I love to theme things, I found a blouse with little blue flowers on it. I was nervous to go since I never really met her family before, just heard so much about them, so I felt like I knew them on some level. And I'm sure they heard a lot about me! So it just felt like it was going to be extra weird feeling. But I wanted to see her! So I put aside my anxiety and focused on being a good friend. SO HARD.

Also, my coworker/friend is super, SUPER stylish, as are her sisters (she has like TEN SIBLINGS), and her daughter in law, and her daughter... So I felt this pressure to "bring it" as best I could. Because also talking with her for ten years, I know for a fact this is something they pay attention to but not like a mean girls way (mostly, ha), but still something that is a Thing.

I find it so difficult to find blouses I like. This one is okay, florals are kind of boring to me, but this is something that I could also wear to work, so that is a plus. I also went with the "French Tuck" (the mullet of tucks) which I am still working on. AND I put makeup on. Some. Ha. THIS IS SERIOUS GUYS. I was going to go for a full face of makeup, but after I put on the concealer and bb cream and eye shadow I was like ugh, no, and wiped it all off which made my face a bit raw looking.

Also, I am great at making poor decisions and I decided to do my facial hair removal the DAY of the event, instead of the night before, or what I originally planned, the WEEKEND before. Nothing like risking chemical burns right before I go somewhere. I didn't get any burns, but it did make my face look a little pinkish for awhile. Whyyyy Heather, why. Isn't having face fuzzies BETTER than a red beard? Luckily it did fade away before I needed to leave the house.
Deciding on the shoes is always the tough part of an outfit for me, I wanted it to match, but be appropriate for a park setting (don't want to sink heels into the lawn!), but also be super cute. I wasn't sure if I should go for my espadrilles or the clogs. The clogs are confusing for me, I see them both as cute and odd at the same time so I actually have never worn them. Maybe they would be best with boot-cut jeans? Which ones would you have gone with?
Blouse || H&M
Jeans || Express
Espadrilles || (Old)
Clogs || Kork-Ease
Earrings || 1928

(I went with the clogs)