Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, May 27, 2019

What I Wore || Mother's Day Dinner

I would like to try to find more tops like this, it wears like a t-shirt but feels much dressier without feeling fussy... If any of that makes sense.
For Mother's Day this year, I organized my brother and two nephews to take my mom out for a nice steak dinner. I chose to do this on Saturday instead of Sunday hoping to avoid too many crowds, which I think I managed. Neil was not having much luck at the mall near us, the restaurant he went to said they weren't taking any more walk-ins! He was having dinner with friends while I was with my family.

I picked a restaurant I hadn't been to before: Dry Creek Grill. I wanted a steak restaurant for a couple reasons, one, my mom likes steak, and two, steak restaurants always have that certain aesthetic that just feels posh, ya know?
I ordered a bourbon cocktail (surprising no one) and salmon for dinner. It was cooked just perfect, and I devoured my whole dish! 
The dessert had my brother and me giggling, which my one nephew was like what's so funny? So I had to pick it up and show him, and he burst out laughing. My brother ordered the same dessert but didn't have the same, ahem, strategic presentation.
I took multiple group photos trying to get my brother not to be blurry, but he refused to get any closer because he is a brat.
I think everyone had a great time and I'm so thankful I'm able to do this for my mom. Shane (my brother) and I split the bill as our gift/treat.
Blouse || Loft (old)
Sweater || Hippie Rose via Macy's
Jeans || Express
Booties || Dr. Scholl's