Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Monday, May 4, 2020

My Poshmark Essentials



Measuring Tape (flexible)

Taking lots of measurements is really important to include on your Poshmark listings. The one I have is leftover from my retail days (like fifteen plus years ago), but still works for now! Once it starts breaking into pieces I'll buy a new one. I usually only do measurements on pants (waist and inseam) to begin with and add more as people ask. And make sure it's accurate! There are a lot of measuring tapes on Amazon that ARE NOT.


Dress Form

Clothes on a hanger don't always showcase the item in the best way, so having a dress form makes a difference! If you are just selling from your own closet, I would get one that is similar to your size. If you are selling a varied amount of sizes I would get a small or medium size.


Seam Ripper

Even my husband started asking for my "fancy cutter" after he saw me using it. Super useful for getting out those dang annoying threads from labels on dress pants. He ended up buying a few more since we both use them so much.


Sweater Shaver

I've never even thought to purchase one for myself. I normally just buy super cheap and thin sweaters for this California weather, so it didn't seem like something that would be useful for me. I did find it annoying to have pilling on my cardigans but figured that is just what happens with cheap stuff. But apparently, it's just a thing all sweaters do! I bought a cardigan from Lands End and the same thing, pilling.


Steamer

At first, I just experimented with a small handheld one, since I've never had or used a steamer before, but I fell in love with it! Neil then bought me a much larger one, where you can clip the clothing item onto while you steam. I use it DAILY on my own stuff, not just for Poshmark. Remember: steam to get creases out, iron to get creases in. My steamer has an attachment to do creases, but I find it only useful for seams on dress pants. Trying to do collars or pleats is very difficult with a steamer (for me) and an iron is much simpler.


Lint Brush

Another item I use all the time just for myself. I buy packs either from Costco or Amazon. When you have pets it's a necessity!


Plastic Bags

After all that work of washing, steaming, lint rolling, stray thread cutting I don't want all my work getting undone! I fold each item and place them in a plastic bag that seals, but I wait to seal until actually sold. I've gotten questions on items that I had put away and needed to take out again to do more measurements. I then place all these bags into plastic bins. I have a million cats so I'm really trying to limit the amount of cat hair on everything. Plus I feel the plastic bag adds another layer of protection to wherever it's being sent. Don't want things to get wet!


Tissue Paper

I bought mine at Costco during the holiday season, super cheap and you get tons. I use it to wrap the items, and to package so there won't be too much movement during shipment.


Thank you Stickers

Other people do postcards or pretty pieces of paper to write a thank you, but I'm lazy... I ordered thank you stickers with my closet name to make it personal but easy!


Mini Gift

Ok, this may not seem "essential" but it is a part of Poshmark that sets it apart from other sites. Currently, I'm sending out ribbon hair ties that I try to match with the color of the item that sold. Some other gift ideas are: 

--pencil/makeup pouches 
--bottle openers 
--bookmarks
--nail files

Anything you can buy in bulk and that isn't size-specific works well. Do NOT send candy, anything scented, that can spill, that can melt.