Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday Confessions || 4-19-2020

I CONFESS

Trying to plan something special for my husband's birthday this month has been HARD. Since we have the shelter-in-place until May, it would have to be at home, just me, and with whatever I could get delivered. He told me not to bother, we could celebrate his birthday in May, but I still want to do something on his actual birthday coming up this week.

My first plan was to make him a cake and give him an at-home pedicure because he had mentioned his feet felt a bit rough.

I started on 4/7 (I KNOW SO LATE) to try to order ingredients to make him a Boston cream pie. I never made one before, but he loves them so much. I looked up all the shortcuts to try to make one as simple as possible. I would need a vanilla cake mix, french vanilla pudding mix, and some semi-sweet chocolate chips. I would also need heavy whipping cream and I was going to try to replace the eggs with soda water like I read in some recipes so I wouldn't need eggs. NOPE. I tried Amazon, Target, Safeway, Jet... no one could deliver BEFORE 4/24!!!

Amazon was also no better for the items I wanted for the pedicure. We don't have a working tub, so I was going to order a mini baby inflatable pool for him to soak his feet in and this cool looking callous brush. NOPE. Also couldn't deliver before 4/24!


I CONFESS

Luckily I had ordered ONE gift in January so he would have one thing to open. The other gift will come who knows when because I didn't order that one until 4/7 as well. What was I thinking waiting so long! I'm still not used to this whole can't order and get shit right away thing.


I CONFESS

I ordered a bunch of mixes and stuff from King Arthur on 4/8 hoping that SOMETHING will get here before his birthday. They are an amazing company, by the way, they are employee owned! I usually try to order from them as gifts for other people since I'm not a huge baker. Though I am trying to change that. I grew up with home baked goods and I really miss them.

If I don't get that order before his birthday, I found two recipes I'm going to Frankenstein to make some brownies. He is not a huge chocolate person, but that's all I got. I know messing about with baking recipes is a recipe for disaster but... I'm intrigued to see if it works, ha. (It's going to involve condensed milk and hot cocoa mix)