Faerie Eye

introvert with me

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sunday Confessions || 9-01-2019

I CONFESS

My husband and I have been re-watching Futurama, gosh it's so funny! Well, until we get to the dog episode... maybe I'll ask if we skip that one :(

I CONFESS

I bought two moth/butterfly printed dresses on Poshmark on the same day. And someone offered me $9 on a $40 bundle, like, are you seriously fucking with me right now??? I get trying to get a good deal, but god damn, how about no.


I CONFESS



Chore: "mow the lawn"

Neil: Mows the lawn. Puts away mower.

Me: Picks up debris (trash, sticks, etc), mows, edges, rakes (leaves, and excess grass), weed, sweep (sidewalk, gutter, porch, driveway), shovel it into the compost bin (use shovel to force more room in the bin), spray down porch/front door;/garage door for cobwebs, dust, etc., water plants, shake out porch mat, put away all the tools/accessories (mower, rake, shovel, broom, edgers, dust bin, hose, compost container, gloves).

Maybe I have more of my dad's idea of yard work in me than I thought, lols.

TO BE CLEAR: I don't mind doing more of the physical aspect of keeping the home, Neil takes care of the day to day finances/budgeting, driving, phone calls (for repair/contract work/vet appts etc). And I really try to avoid yard work as much as possible.

We have found a way to divide up the labor that plays to our strengths. I felt like I needed to explain that a bit since I know in my real-life people find it odd that I'm the one doing the yard work ;)